Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Glamour Girl

!Hola¡
Hey family!! Happy 4th of July!! I have to confess something... I totally forgot that it was the 4th of July so I didn't do anything that day:( but I did wear my United States of America sweatshirt to bed because it's SOOOOO COLD here!! Last night I went to be with tights socks and leggings a long sleeved shirt, my America sweater and my comps hoodie and I have 2 blankets! So cold! and we have a heater but only half of it works haha. It's funny tho cause I read Spencer's email and he is talking about how hot it is!! Hey Bro, Wanna trade?
So I owe you guys a funny story cause last week we got cut short on time. First off for this story you all have to know that my comp is a legit nurse. So we were in a lesson with an old lady and she's really Catholic and cute:) So we were teaching her when she brings out of no where that her toe nails are really long and that she needs to go get them cut. So we offer to help her cut her toe nails! :/ haha Oh Boy. So she gets all super excited that we are going to help her and she sits down and takes off her shoes and socks and there she is with her feet... I couldn't help but flash back to when I had 5 months in the mission and I had to massage a ladies feet cause I didn't know what the word "pie" (foot) meant... haha. But my comp being the nurse started to cut her toe nails and her nails were really tough so when my comp clipped one, the nail would go flying through the air like a rocket! I thought my comp would lose her eye! But the nails were flying all over the place and when my comp finished one foot the cute old lady told me to paint her toes red:) So I did. We finished her feet all nice and clean and she asked us to do the same to her finger nails. So we cut and painted them.... then she told us that her eyebrows were really hairy so we had to pluck them too! Once she was satisfied and glamorous, she let us go:) It was a pretty funny day:) She didn't really listen to our message but we did soften her heart a little:) I don't know what it is with me and investigators feet...
The other day I learned a really cool concept that I wanted to share with you guys. Someone was talking about miracles and how we always think that miracles should be something big like Moses and the Red Sea or something but really a miracle is when you can feel your personal relationship with God grow. A miracle is when our testimonies are strengthen and we are a little stronger then before. Have you experienced a miracle lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment