Monday, January 26, 2015

Like a Baby



T​his week was the best! 

​W​
e had a family home evening with the branch here and we did sharing your favorite scripture but it was with a twist hehe they had to act, or draw or sing their favorite scripture muahaha.
​I​
t turned out really well! lots of people came and even a less active FAMILY!
​B​
oom
​B​
aby!
​B​
ut everything went smoothly.
​I​
t was really fun to see the members act and sing hehe and as people did their scriptures 
​I​
would share a joke or something in between a few and people laughed so that's good haha:)
​B​
ut it went so well and all this week people have been telling us that it was really fun:)

And guess what
​N​
elida was baptized and confirmed. Nelida is just like me. really sometimes 
​I​
think to myself she is what
​I'​
m going to be like when
​I'​
m older haha
​I​
ts so funny:) but she has been so excited for her baptism this whole week
​.​
​S​
he told us that on Wednesday she called her mom at 4 in the morning to invite her to the baptism but over all throughout the week she has felt a lot of peace:)
​A​
nd the day of when we were walking up to her house to pick her up she was waiting outside for us already:)
​S​
he
​'​
s the cutest!!​W​e don't have a font here in our church so we had to travel to the next town over. But the baptism
​and ​
everything was perfect! the members came and they gave talks perfectly and all that but when it was time for her to change that's when things w
​ent​
a little crazy. So we had to borrow a dress because we don't have any baptismal clothes here cause we don't have a font but when she put it on it was too small!!!!!!!!
​W​
e were like
​,​
​O​
h
​S​
nap
​!​
​H​
er dress is too small.
​L​
uckily we had brought a skirt and shirt that she could try but guess what happened to this option, when she put them on they were see through
​!​
really!?
​O​
f all things-- the clothes aren't working!?!
​S​
o for 5 min we were asking everyone if they had something white that she could use and that's when the elders of this chapel showed us that they had a dress that she could use!:) YAY she can still get baptized! it would have been so sad if we didn't find anything but we did!!!! and she was baptized!:)
​A​
fter her baptism she says to us...
​(​
​O​
k everyone pay close attention to what she says
​)​
. ..."
​I​
​'​
m clean just like a new born baby!"
​W​
ow:)
​I​
t
​'​
s such a great feeling when you know that your investigators, your friends, really understand what they just did:) Really
​,​
​N​
elida was a chosen one of
​G​
od. The
​ Spirit helped us a ton with her. Helped her understand what she should do and that this path really is the path of God. Its really so fun for me to see miracles everyday here in my mission and to see people's lives change. I LOVE IT!!! 

My comp and i sang
​C​
ome
​T​
hou
​F​
ount for her in English and Spanish of course and then we had a little remembrance book that all the members wrote in and us as well and then we gave it to her:) SHE LOVED IT!! 

​O​
ver all it was a really great week and
​I'​
m so happy for
​N​
elida!
​I​
 love you all!!!
​K​
eep reading your scriptures!! and praying for the investigators!! 

hermana ñelson
onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment